As a parent, you are probably tired of your kids leaving out the veggies on their plates, eating too many candies, and refusing to drink milk. You may have tried everything from friendly communication to attractive incentives to steer them toward healthy eating habits, but they still don’t listen to you.
Well, then, it’s time to try out creative solutions, and with the year-end approaching, what could be better than introducing them to the tradition of making New Year resolutions? When they set healthy goals themselves, they will be more motivated to achieve them.
Cupik Design has prepared a complete guide to New Year resolutions for kids in 2024, so keep reading and watch your kids transform into healthy eaters!
What are the resolutions for kids?
You can sit down with your kids and help them set New Year resolutions for healthy eating. Remember not to dictate! Instead, guide them throughout the process and help them realise they are making their own decisions.
You can ask them to jot down their goals on a sheet of paper and then put it up in their bedroom so that they remember them. If they need help, share your goals with them and explain their importance to you. Here are some practical and achievable New Year resolutions ideas promoting healthier eating habits for kids:
- I will finish all the vegetables and fruits served on my plate.
- I will eat my favourite chocolates/ candies/ ice-creams only on special occasions.
- I will help my parents cook healthy meals once every week.
- I will eat my meals without distractions such as television or mobile phones.
What are good resolutions for school?
School teachers can also encourage healthy New Year resolutions for kids in 2024. One way is to arrange a fun classroom activity where they can distribute creative worksheets and ask everyone to write their resolutions and share them with the class. Below are some doable New Year resolutions for students:
- I will carry a fruit in my tiffin every day.
- I will drink lots of water during school hours.
- I will bring nutritious snacks and treats during school celebrations.
- I will encourage my friends to eat healthily.
Meal planner: A fun and effective way to achieve healthy New Year resolutions for kids in 2024
Setting New Year resolutions for kids is one hurdle crossed, but sustaining them and ensuring they become lasting good habits is another challenge. Cupik Design has created reusable weekly meal planners to tackle this issue!
You can personalise the attractive-looking acrylic planner with your family name and hang it in your kitchen. You can involve your kids in meal planning, ensuring they learn about the importance of a balanced diet, understand the benefits of home-cooked food, and become more open-minded towards trying new foods. Besides being a fun family bonding experience, pre-planning meals can help you be better prepared for the week and save time for other activities.
How to use the meal planner?
Before a new week begins, gather your family at the dining table and conduct a meal planning session, considering the decided New Year resolutions for kids. Follow these easy steps:
- Decide breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks for all seven days from Monday to Sunday. Remember to add a variety of foods covering different nutrients. Add fun food facts to make the session more informative and entertaining for the kids!
- Give your kids the responsibility to use coloured sketch pens and fill out the meal planner during the discussion.
- Next week, let the kids wipe off the planner using a soft sponge and repeat the activity!
Gift your child a meal planner today.
Order the reusable meal planner online at Cupik Design, surprise your little one with it for Christmas or New Year, and help them succeed in their New Year resolutions ideas!